Thursday, August 11, 2011

Suspected 'Burger King Bandit' shot in Buckhead

So I happen to click on the AJC article about the BK bandit being shot Why does this article get a mention on a running blog?  Further in the article, I read this

Malani Massey was running on Peachtree Wednesday morning and passed the Burger King. She said concerns over crime have caused her to take precautions when she runs.

"You really have to be careful of your surroundings," she said. "Sometimes I run with my 9 millimeter [handgun]. Today I didn't.

"Sometimes I run down ... toward the Underground in the morning, and I just don't trust people down there," she said. "And some days I wake up and I decide to carry [the gun] and some days I don't.

"As we've seen on the radio and TV so often, it's happening all over the place. So either you carry your ‘9,' you have some divine protection, you say a Hail Mary or do something and you just hope it's not your day to go."

It gave me food for thought considering what has happened in our own neighborhoods.  Regardless of personal choice, please be safe while out running or any other activity for that matter.

No comments:

Post a Comment