Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Running On A Treadmill

From the Montgomery Advertiser

THE EXTRA MILE: Treadmill running proves beneficial as temporary fill-in

Column by Kym Klass • kklass@gannett.com • December 12, 2010

I found myself running an interval workout on the treadmill this week, and was surprised it wasn't horrible. It was on Tuesday, when running in 28 degrees at 5:30 a.m. sounded awful -- even though two days later I ran in 18-degree weather at the same time.

I took advantage of the cardio room at the Montgomery Advertiser, and during my mile warm up wondered how to approach the planned 5x800s on a treadmill. I have become so focused on my timed splits when running intervals on the road, that I rarely worry about the pace itself.

Tuesday forced me to do that.

And I hate to admit it -- it helped, and I liked it.

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment