Tuesday, November 15, 2011

NYC Marathoner Loses Car For Two Days

From Fox Sports online

Marathon runner loses car for two days

Updated Nov 13, 2011 9:51 AM ET

Charles Petraske completed last Sunday’s New York City Marathon in a respectable three hours and 16 minutes -- and then suffered every motorist’s worst nightmare.

He could not remember where he parked his car. For two days.

Petraske, 34, a sales rep who lives near Albany, drove his hybrid Hyundai Sonata to Midtown early Sunday morning for the race.

He parked his car in a garage and left his ticket on the dashboard. In a small pocket of his running shorts, he stuffed $40 and a key before boarding a charter bus to the Staten Island start line.

After finishing the grueling course, he hailed a cab to take him back to Bryant Park. But when Petraske, still sweating, looked around, nothing looked familiar.

“I was completely disoriented,” he said. “I had no idea where the heck I was, or where my car is parked, and I had no phone and no money.”

The only thing he remembered was parking near a scrolling billboard displaying ads for Coke Mini, New York State Lottery and MasterCard.

Read on here.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Please offer me a ride if I ever get lost with your club- NYC is not as friendly-
    Charles Petraske (the real Charles)

    ReplyDelete