Monday, April 19, 2010

Run Commuting

This guy does it and hes local.  This guy also does it.  This guy even provides tips.  Hes also a Microsoft VP and had an article written about him by The Seattle Times.

My schedule has completely changed so I havent been able to run as much as I want to.  Even the Wednesday night runs are out of the question for the next couple of months till my schedule changes.  I also have a motivational problem.  Once I get home, I really dont want to leave for a run.  There is always something more fun to do at home.  I have still been able to bike commute from work to home after my day is done.  I have yet to subscribe to biking to work because I would be very sweaty and stink all day in my cube.  After reading about a local Atlanta run commuting, I just decided to try it.  And it wasnt bad.

The run was a straight shot from Atlanta to Decatur with a route planned by Yahoo Map Directions.  Logistics of clothes was solved because I will commute by bike one day, run commute the next, and bike after that.  I can haul my clothes when I bike and dont need to carry it on the way home.  Last Thursday was the 1st day.  This week may be the complete week of run commuting.  I dont get a chance to run so this may be the way to keep in running shape.  Sooner or later Ill update with more info and pictures.  I can log a day in pictures easier on the run than on a bike.

No comments:

Post a Comment