Monday, January 30, 2012

Runner pounds the pavement to drop the pounds

A feel good story from USA Today online...

Runner pounds the pavement to drop the pounds
By Nanci Hellmich, USA TODAY

Ken Chuney knows all too well the gut-busting hard work involved in losing a significant amount of weight and keeping it off for years.

At 5-foot-8, Chuney weighed 335 pounds when he was 20 years old. He slimmed down between his sophomore and junior years in college by cutting back on portions and eliminating whole milk and 100% juice.

"I lost about 65 pounds in 3½ months. It was pretty amazing. When I went back to college, I lost another 35 pounds the first semester."

He took up running several miles a day. "I felt stronger. I felt more confident."

Read on here<http://yourlife.usatoday.com/fitness-food/story/2012-01-29/Runner-pounds-the-pavement-to-drop-the-pounds/52876514/1>.

No comments:

Post a Comment