Wednesday, July 27, 2011

9 Race-Day Nutrition Essentials

From Running Times online

9 Race-Day Nutrition Essentials

Learn how and when to best fuel and hydrate on race-day

By Jackie Dikos, R.D.

As featured in the Web Only issue of Running Times Magazine

“Racing shoes — check. Gels, got ’em. Timing chip/bib (or check for race fee), it’s in there.” Every time I pull out of the garage on my way to a race I run through my essentials. I’m always paranoid I will forget something I really want to have on hand for a successful race. Last fall I got to the end of the neighborhood on my way to the Monumental Marathon before I realized I forgot to put on my Garmin watch.

We get so focused on the racing “hardware” that the nutritional components of racing can be easily forgotten. Here are nine nutrition racing essentials that every racer should consider to support good racing. Knowing the nine essentials is good, but actually applying these essentials will only support a strong performance.

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment