Wednesday, July 27, 2011

You Can Do This

From Fox News online

Training for Your First Marathon—You Can Do This

By Grace Joyal

Published July 25, 2011

For most people, the decision to run a marathon serves as the ultimate test of physical endurance, but for Tracy Eldred, it was more of a social calling.

After months of debate, she decided to take on this monumental challenge after three friends from her Chapel Hill, N.C., social circle convinced her to “take a leap.”

And that leap of faith paid off. The 40-year-old mother and former biology teacher successfully ran the Vermont City Marathon in Burlington, Vt., in May.

“If I was doing it on my own, I doubt I would have ever done a marathon,” she said.

Before the marathon, Eldred said she had run seriously for about three years, but had never attempted a run anything even close to what she encountered in Vermont.

“After the half marathon mark, I had that ‘uh-oh’ moment,” she said. “It’s one of the most difficult things besides childbirth that I’ve ever done.”

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment