Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Wednesday Night Run 1-5-2011

Hello ORC,

Happy New Year!  It's the first Wednesday night run of the year.  51
more to go till 2012.  Let me get on my soapbox and talk about running
at night.  I guess since I haven't been running as much, I have
noticed that runners need to be better visible.  While running, I have
time to see other runners on the road.  On a bike, I come up on
runners so much faster when they aren't wearing anything for
visibility.  I can only imagine in a car traveling twice as fast.  Now
I am off my soapbox.  Of note, even with the cold weather, there are a
hella lot of shows at Eddie's Attic in the next 2 weeks.

There are a lot of Frostbite named runs in January but this one is the
best.  It's the best because it is local to Decatur and supports the
Decatur school system.  This Saturday will be the Run with the Dogs -
Frostbite 5K at Decatur High School.  Run starts at 9am and the rain
date, just in case, will be January 16th.

This Wednesday you will be running route 8, the East Lake Golf Course
run.  The link to the route is at the bottom of this e- mail.  It's
one of the oldest as in longest running routes I know of for the
group. It's dark out there so wear something reflective and/or
something flashing.  After the run, it's off to Mojo's Pizza for food,
drinks and trivia.

Thanks for making the Oakhurst Running Club one of the friendliest
running club in Atlanta.

Corny

http://oakhurstrunningclub.blogspot.com/

http://oakhurst-running-club.googlegroups.com/web/Route+8.pdf?gda=9EjlhT4AAABqzyFQS_VQE_gNE3GeP4nxsPYpOMI72N_-5KqMUNEt4Z5L3yA5sO3zNeMrAYMuvQrjsKXVs-X7bdXZc5buSfmx&gsc=nt3H2gsAAABPVHxAxd4Pfb9OR0qcRmfi
(Note: Trying something new by posting the Wednesday Night e-mails to the blog.)

No comments:

Post a Comment