Friday, February 4, 2011

Krispy Kreme Challenge

From Runners World online
The Krispy Kreme Challenge
Sugar Rush
Run two miles. Eat 12 doughnuts. Run two miles. Sounds simple enough.
By Charles Bethea
From the February 2011 issue of Runner's World
Image by Jeff Zimmerman
I could ball up the last three doughnuts and toss them under a car. Or into the bushes. One was already mashed up in my sweaty fist. I was ready to hurl it from that crowded, sugar-stinking, trash-heaped parking lot when I noticed a young spectator standing beside his mother. He frowned at me. I ate the doughnut. Then another. Bile began to rise. I stuffed the 12th into my mouth, dropped the doughnut box onto the giant pile of empties, and ran off with my doughy tumor.
The eating portion of the four-mile Krispy Kreme Challenge had taken me just over 13 stomach-stretching minutes.
Proving that yes, in fact, you can have too much of a good thing.
Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment