Friday, June 3, 2011

Once A Running Shoe Salesman

What a story, from Competitor online

Once A Running Shoe Salesman

Published: May 31st 2011

by Competitor.com

A longtime runner reflects on the motivation and madness behind the endurance lifestyle, and how once you start living it, there’s no turning back.

Written by: T.J. Murphy

This story first appeared in the May issue of Competitor Magazine.

I am not an elite athlete; I never have been and never will be. Yet every day I obsess about running. I psych myself up for training. I think about freeing myself from injuries. I dream about races I want to do and study ways to rev up speed and stamina, a search I’ve conducted since the 1980s. It was then that I went mad for running and, recently while reminiscing over the days when I worked at a running shoe store, I wondered why, after so many years of obsession, I haven’t become completely sick of it all.

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment