Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Traits of Successful Runners

From Running Times online

Traits of Successful Runners

Certain truths for runners of all abilities

By Greg McMillan, M.S.

As featured in the April 2010 issue of Running Times Magazine

I'm a lucky coach. Through my online coaching, I get to work with beginning runners just coming off the couch as well as competitive runners aiming for age-group victories or trying to qualify for Boston. And through my work with our Olympic training team in Flagstaff, I get to help Olympians and world championship-level athletes.

What's most interesting is not the differences between the various groups of athletes but rather the similarities. Over my 20 years of coaching, I've noticed five key traits of successful distance runners. These traits apply to everyone -- beginners just joining the sport; competitive folks who balance work, family and other commitments with their running goals; and Olympic-level athletes.

Read on here.

No comments:

Post a Comment